Updated on July 5, 2022
Status in Palau
Please refer to the COVID-19 SitRep on the Ministry of Health and Human Services Website for details on confirmed cases and vaccination rates.
- Vaccination: Travelers must submit proof of complete COVID-19 vaccination with final dose administered at least fourteen (14) days prior to departure to the Republic. Vaccine received must be authorized for emergency use or approved by either the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the World Health Organization (WHO), or the Medigen vaccine authorized by the Republic of China – Taiwan’s health authorities. (*Individuals under 18 years of age are exempt from vaccination. For commercial air travel, travelers must submit proof to the airline.)
- (NOT REQUIRED ON OR AFTER JULY 9) Negative COVID-19 Test Results or Documentation of Recovery: All Travelers must also provide proof of either (*Children under 2 years of age are exempt from testing prior to travel. For commercial air travel, travelers must submit proof to the airline.) :
- A negative result of a COVID-19 PCR test (any type of PCR test, including NAAT, RT-PCR, qPCR, RT-LAMP, TMA, molecular test, isothermal amplification, ddPCR, or CRISPR). Test must be conducted with Nasopharyngeal (NP), Oropharyngeal (OP), Mid-turbinate Nasal, or Anterior Nasal samples, and such test must be taken within three (3) days prior to departure from the point of origin to the Republic. Sputum and saliva specimen are not accepted. Self-administered and home kit tests (even if the sample was taken under the supervision of a healthcare provider) are not accepted; or
- A negative result of a COVID-19 antigen test (WHO or US FDA authorized or approved test), and such test must be taken within one (1) day prior to departure from the point of origin to the Republic; or
- Documentation of recovery from COVID-19 which includes proof of a recent positive viral test and a letter from a healthcare provider or a public health official stating that traveler has recovered from COVID-19 and is cleared to travel. Traveler shall not enter the Republic until completion of a full ten (10) days of isolation after symptoms started or the date a positive test was taken if no symptoms.
- Safe Practices: All travelers are advised to practice physical distancing, wear a mask over the nose and mouth when within six feet of others, and avoid large indoor gatherings for fourteen (14) days prior to their travel to the Republic.
- Submission of a Health Declaration Form upon arrival to Palau is required.
Restriction of Movement (ROM), Isolation and Quarantine
Any person arriving must submit to all testing and mitigation orders including restriction of movement, isolation and quarantine.
- Traveler is required to undergo self-monitoring for a period of four (4) days following arrival in Palau. Travelers should monitor their health during this time period, and if symptoms develop, they should isolate immediately, obtain testing and care if necessary. Traveler is required to wear a mask at all times during the 4-day monitoring period.
- Traveler is not required to test after arrival into Palau. However, it is recommended that travelers get tested 3-5 days after arrival, on days when there is “community” testing. A testing schedule is published on a weekly basis and published on the Ministry of Health and Human Services website. http://www.palauhealth.org
- Any person proven or strongly suspected to be infected with COVID-19 shall be isolated for a period as deemed necessary by the Ministry of Health and Human Services at either a government designated facility or at home.
- Any person determined to have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19 shall self-monitor for a period of ten (10) days and follow applicable guidelines as deemed necessary by the Ministry of Health and Human Services.
- Mitigation Orders issued upon arrival can be referred to on the Ministry of Health and Human Services Website. http://www.palauhealth.org
- Any violations may be subject to a criminal fine of up to USD$500 and/or up to one year imprisonment, or may be subjected to other legal repercussions.
- COVID-19 testing is required for traveling. Testing for outbound travelers are usually conducted a (1) day prior to departure, but may vary depending on your transit or destination. Please confirm the testing dates either by calling the MHHS Hotline at 488-0555 or refer to the testing schedule published on the MHHS website. http://www.palauhealth.org
- The cost is $50.00 ($44.50 testing fee + $5.50 for printout of results), and you will need to bring in your itinerary, passport and hospital number (*not required for visitors) to sign in at the Belau National Hospital COVID Testing Center.
- Please check for any transit, entry and quarantine requirements of your transit(s) and destination.
Commercial Flights – Flight Status
Please refer to the Flight Schedule on the Palau International Airport Website for details.
|United Airlines (UA)||Guam|
|United Airlines (UA)||Manila|
|China Airlines (CI)||Taipei|
Cargo Flights – Flight Status
|Asia Pacific Airlines||Guam||Operating every Thursday|
Tuesday, July 5, 2022
Wednesday, June 8, 2022
Tuesday, January 18, 2022
Monday, December 20, 2021
Tuesday, October 12, 2021
Monday, August 23, 2021
Monday, June 28, 2021
Tuesday, June 22, 2021
Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Wednesday, April 7, 2021
Thursday, January 7, 2021
Friday, October 9, 2020
Wednesday, August 19, 2020
- COVID-19: Ministry of Health Directive 170-20 (As of July 7, 2020)
- COVID-19: Quarantine Policy for All Travelers to the Republic of Palau (As of August 5, 2020)
Friday, August 7, 2020
Thursday, April 30, 2020
Monday, April 6, 2020
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Thursday, March 19, 2020
- A Statement from the President Regarding Developments in the Local and International Fight Against COVID-19
Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Monday, March 9, 2020
- Statement from the President Regarding the Test Results of Palau’s First Person Under Investigation for COVID-19
- Coronavirus Status in Palau (As of March 7, 2020)
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
Friday, February 14, 2020
Wednesday, February 5, 2020